Linux.com

Advice as usual...

Link to this post 10 May 11

atreyu wrote:

[b]mfillpot wrote:[/b]
[quote]I run urxvt and konsole, both have their place, but konsole is my favorite because of the ctrl+shift+v paste function which helps alot when using wget to grab tarballs from the net.

Although yakuake is an awesome konsole emulator which calls a terminal from the top of the screen, it is much easier to call and hide for when it is needed.

i've never used yakuake, and your description (and its name) intrigued me, so I just installed it - pretty cool idea. I'm more Gnomish, though, so I may have to find another way to do that...[/quote]

For gnome there is a project called guake, which is a yakuake clone built on gtk. http://guake.org/

You know whats funny...using a terminal to install a terminal, its like using your girlfriend to get you a new girlfriend.

mfillpot wrote:

[b]atreyu wrote:[/b]
[quote][b]mfillpot wrote:[/b]
[quote]I run urxvt and konsole, both have their place, but konsole is my favorite because of the ctrl+shift+v paste function which helps alot when using wget to grab tarballs from the net.

Although yakuake is an awesome konsole emulator which calls a terminal from the top of the screen, it is much easier to call and hide for when it is needed.

i've never used yakuake, and your description (and its name) intrigued me, so I just installed it - pretty cool idea. I'm more Gnomish, though, so I may have to find another way to do that...[/quote]

For gnome there is a project called guake, which is a yakuake clone built on gtk. http://guake.org/[/quote]
yum install guake
cheers!

rabidvillain wrote:

You know whats funny...using a terminal to install a terminal, its like using your girlfriend to get you a new girlfriend.

Doesn't Led Zep have a song where Plant goes something like "...but I know your sister will!". If Plant were a geek he'd definitely use one terminal to install another.

Link to this post 11 May 11

rabidvillain wrote:

I actually do not see why this would be funny.

Regards

Link to this post 11 May 11

Ok, I am playing with yauake...wow! It is the Crane Kick to Miyagi-Do...very nice.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board