Linux.com

mysql server

Link to this post 25 Jun 13

can some one help me to export and import sql cli????needed so much thank you

Link to this post 27 Jun 13

What have you tried? What commands have you ran?

Link to this post 29 Jun 13

i enter this line
select * from attendance into outfile "c:/database/attendance.sql";
it only export the table content what i need is to export the database not the table only,,,
please help,,,

Link to this post 01 Jul 13

First off this is a Linux forum and I am assuming that you are using mysql on a Linux server, why then would you be trying to output the file into a windows C drive?

You can use mysqldump to output your entire database as a backup or transfer method and mysqlimport to inport the data into another database. All of the information is in the mysql online manual, I highly recommend reading through it there are many useful utilities.

i using mysql server cli combining with visual studio vb.net 2008 how can i create the syntax of importing db with out opening the mysql server shell???or creating the buck up for all the content of the database??? i need it for my thesis,,,,tnx

mysql server is 5.1
hope some one can help me to import and export the database because the command is not working..exmple of the not working command is mysqldump --help.,,,tnx

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board