Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Software Desktop Linux Desktop Wishlist

Linux Desktop Wishlist

Link to this post 02 Jun 09

Calixte wrote:

Ubuntu could come with new looks. It's all there, I don't know why they don't just do it.

I'd like to see a real community forming around enlightenment.

I agree, it would be nice if Ubuntu would come up with some nice new themes. The first thing I think most people do once they get Ubuntu installed is change the default theme to something more pleasing to the eye.

Link to this post 14 Jul 09

Make more softwares, business friendly , gamers wishlists and great internet interface! and being great looking!

Link to this post 19 Aug 09

Only thing I wish...

To the developers; keep up the good work. :)

Ok, perhaps I have another... Seeing Linux break into the Enterprise workstation area would be great. The problem is that many enterprise level businesses are so deeply in bed with some of those evel software companies that they get scared to take a leap in good direction (even in the server area).

Here is hoping... they keep on keeping on and waking up....

Link to this post 19 Aug 09

This is the thing about Linux, if you want those things, do it yourself, you are free to do so. Personally, I do not want any of that. I think that's good to have for people like yourself, but I really just think we need to go old school and let me deselect 99% of the software and customizations during install.

Link to this post 10 Sep 09

That's my Ubuntu with Mac4Lin and GTK Global menu (and of course AWN window manager).

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board