Linux.com

Video problem

Link to this post 19 Jul 11

saqman2060 wrote:

How are you installing adobe flash by-the-way?

I've tried synaptic package manager & ubuntu software center

Link to this post 19 Jul 11

MatthewFarmer47 wrote:

[b]saqman2060 wrote:[/b]
[quote]How are you installing adobe flash by-the-way?

I've tried synaptic package manager & ubuntu software center[/quote]

Download adobe flash beta from here.

1- Close your browser
2- Uncompress it and place the libflashplayer.so file under ~/.mozilla/plugins/
3- Start your browser.
4- Make sure it's using your plugin rather than system's default one.

Results?

Link to this post 20 Jul 11

marc wrote:

[b]MatthewFarmer47 wrote:[/b]
[quote][b]saqman2060 wrote:[/b]
[quote]How are you installing adobe flash by-the-way?

I've tried synaptic package manager & ubuntu software center[/quote]

Download adobe flash beta from here.

1- Close your browser
2- Uncompress it and place the libflashplayer.so file under ~/.mozilla/plugins/
3- Start your browser.
4- Make sure it's using your plugin rather than system's default one.

Results?[/quote]
I don't understand how to do step 2

Link to this post 20 Jul 11

Open a terminal:


cd /directory/of/the/file/you/downloaded/
tar xzvf flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz <---- or whatever the file name is
mkdir -p ~/.mozilla/plugins <---- this makes sure you have the folder
mv libflashplayer.so ~/.mozilla/plugins

Regards

Link to this post 21 Jul 11

marc wrote:

Open a terminal:
[code]
cd /directory/of/the/file/you/downloaded/
tar xzvf flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz <---- or whatever the file name is
mkdir -p ~/.mozilla/plugins <---- this makes sure you have the folder
mv libflashplayer.so ~/.mozilla/plugins
[/code]

Regards

I copied and pasted it into the terminal and then hit enter and it said "no such file or directory".
What I pasted was this "cd /directory/of/the/file/you/downloaded/
tar xzvf flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz"

Link to this post 21 Jul 11

MatthewFarmer47 wrote:

[b]marc wrote:[/b]
[quote]Open a terminal:
[code]
cd /directory/of/the/file/you/downloaded/
tar xzvf flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz <---- or whatever the file name is
mkdir -p ~/.mozilla/plugins <---- this makes sure you have the folder
mv libflashplayer.so ~/.mozilla/plugins
[/code]

Regards

I copied and pasted it into the terminal and then hit enter and it said "no such file or directory".
What I pasted was this "cd /directory/of/the/file/you/downloaded/
tar xzvf flashplayer11_b1_install_lin_64_071311.tar.gz"[/quote]

Well, you do not have to copy this letter by letter!!!

I do not know your filesystem hierarchy therefore I can't give you an exact path to "cd" into (the directory where you saved the file). I do not know the file you downloaded so I can't give you the exact file name either.

You can always stop by the irc channel ( irc.linuxfoundation.org #linuxdotcom) and we can guide you command to command to get it working :)

My time zone is GMT+2 (Central Europe). Just write my name and I'll get a notification, if I'm around I'll talk to you :)

Regards

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board