Linux.com

Why Linux ! !

Link to this post 14 May 09

after a few months of exploring and learning Linux, i always asking my self Why Linux? i started using Linux when i was on my last years in college i am a part-time Computer technician which is usually repairing Desktop computers running Windows xp, Some will call me through my cellphone and asking for a schedule for Computer analysis, when i am finish analysing their computer problems i will end-up formatting their pc's because of BulK viruses in penetrating their box, it is a good part-time job because customer is always their " Windows Pc always want repair's. that is the time i realize why windows partners with virus, i search the internet and land to linux ubuntu i try to use it and test if its true that linux does not infected with viruses. since the first time i use linux ubuntu until now i never experience a virus thats why when someone is calling me for a Computer repair i always suggesting to my client to leave Windows and embrace Linux. few clients are switch but some remain in windows and always calling me ^_^. And now what i am a Unix System Administrator that only starts for virus fixing using different OS LINUX.

So what is your story ? Why LINUX?:)

Hello Arben!

Why Linux? That's a good question. For me, it's a long story. Rather than repost it here, though, read my blog: http://www.linux.com/community/blogs/The-First...-Hopefully-Not-the-Last.html

Regards,

~Eric

hahaha nice story you got. i also want to try slackware because i am interested in hacking not cracking. and testing of the vulnerabilities of my box or my servers.

Slackware is GOOD! It's the only GNU/Linux distribution with ATTITUDE, my Filipino friend. You'll like it. Give it a try. :)

It works.

No phantom random "ERROR!!!" boxes pop up.

Efficient OS. I do not like giving Micro$oft all of my ram and shiny processor to run their damn OS. Those are MY resources, damnit!!!

If I DO have a problem, a quick google search, or post in a forum gets me the answer, and the problem goes away.

No need to reinstall the OS every 6 mos since it ends up running slower and slower.

you are absolutely right, every 6 months reinstall of os, back up of data, and recovering it after the installation, when i am using windows maybe last year, i always need to reinstall it not for 6 months but maybe maximum of 3 months, because of viruses and trojans. but in linux its very safe and I love Compiz Cube ^__^ .

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board