Linux.com

Why Linux ! !

Link to this post 20 May 09

;) At first - many years ago I seem film Matrix. And I think- very nice
terminal and green numbers on all monitor of my laptop.
Than my friends give me smale CD with Knoppix 3.0 .:laugh:
OOOO! Yeeee! Good system-I thinked. And after all this my first
command on terminal was .... ping 192.168.0. 23 - :woohoo:
adress PC of my friend on LAN. Its Best time!!! I begin to read
any info about Linux and write BackTrack4! :silly: Nice Live CD!
Soooo, Why Linux ?????????:lol:

After all these years, Linux still works well for me and it suits my computing style and interests.

Isaac your Story sounds weird, but even it is weird you are destined to meet ubuntu. hehehehe.

tnx to the man who drop those live CD's, he is not bothered because linux is for free.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

abrenar wrote:

Isaac your Story sounds weird, but even it is weird you are destined to meet ubuntu. hehehehe.

tnx to the man who drop those live CD's, he is not bothered because linux is for free.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Weird, but true. :laugh:

Link to this post 21 May 09

I used to be a total Windows guy and wouldn't use anything else. I actually thought it was all that was available at first, but then I tried Suse. I wasn't too keen on it, so continued using Windows, but then tried out Ubuntu a few years ago and slowly weened myself off Windows. I actually learned I could do a lot more on it without 3rd party apps.

I now only use Windows at work (I can use Linux, but I haven't found any decent SVN file-manager integration yet) and I know a lot more about how to use my computer, and diagnose problems than when I was using Windows. There's nothing to go back for as it does everything I need. I only have a few games, and most of them work under either Cedega or Crossover Games, and the old ones work perfectly in DOSBox. I got my parents and my sister using it, and that's all they know. They're not Windows users at all and they have no problems.

Link to this post 21 May 09

dark_ixion::

does your parent and sister started to use the linux OS rather than windows? if yes that's great because some non-technical users are hard to decide converting linux.

:side:

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board