Linux.com

Why Linux ! !

Link to this post 14 May 09

by the way mugzilla i love that tiny color green in the center of the plastic its look yummy ^_^.

For me it's pretty simple. Back in 2004 M$ hit me with a false positive on my activation of XP (When the WGA was being rolled out). After fighting with microsoft for 3 days to try to get my computer re-enabled I started looking for alternatives. I stumbled across Linux in the form of Mandrake and installed it on a separate drive. M$ ultimately got my activation fixed, but it was too late. I was enamoured with this new thing called Linux and booted less and less into XP. After 'bout 6 months I asked myself why I even had Windows installed ..... and the rest is history. I've been 98% Linux ever since. I still keep a current load of windows on a 20gb partition to stay current with my tech knowledge, but it really only gets booted maybe once every 3 months.

ahhaha poor windows because they have a lot of shares in market they entertain them too slow, thats why some of their clients like you are looking for some alternatives, tnx Linux you are there ^__^

I use Linux just i like it freedom.and i have no money to buy Windows XP.

dont say you dont have money you can buy pirated cd's out there or download windows xp in torrentz. but for me even i have money to buy genuine software! i will not buy one, there is always counterpart software in linux why should i buy !!

well my story is actually hilarious. just one year ago i wanted to try out how wirtual machines work and how can i experiment with different wirtual systems. eventually i tried ubuntu as well. after a while i realized that i was spending more time on my virtual machine using Ubuntu than i was on my xp. then i realized i wanted a clean ubuntu machine. since then i am a happy linux user. i tried different distros, but always went back to ubuntu and now i am a big fan and rarely use windows machines.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board