Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Linux Distributions Fedora wireless network is not working in fedora 14

wireless network is not working in fedora 14

Link to this post 17 Dec 10

I'm wondering why you didn't just install broadcom-wl directly from the Fedora repositories?

yum install broadcom-wl
yum install kmod-wl or
yum install akmod-wl

Link to this post 23 Dec 10

I tried for direct installation as mentioned above and it is also working fine.

Thank you.

Link to this post 01 Feb 11

sir .i have followed the steps of your post .but still is not showing wireless networks on gnome network manager .but it is showing the wired connection........plz help me........

Thanks
Regarding..............
Narendra

Link to this post 02 Feb 11

nari467 wrote:

sir .i have followed the steps of your post .but still is not showing wireless networks on gnome network manager .but it is showing the wired connection........plz help me........

Thanks
Regarding..............
Narendra

Can you please share the results from your system when you run the command " lspci | grep -i net"?

This will help us to understand which chipset is being used on your system which will lead to knowing what drivers you need.

Link to this post 02 Feb 11

12:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g LP-PHY (rev 01)
13:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller (rev 02)
the details of my dell laptop when i run the above command in my terminal........................
I installed the required drivers by follwing the steps in URL: wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#Fedora
which was in previous posts..................

Link to this post 03 Feb 11

Hi sir
i am new to linux

i recently installed the fedora 14 on my laptop

The wireless connection of my lappy is not working .But the wired connection is working on my lappy. i dont know how its working .

The chipset i am using is

Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g LP-PHY (rev 01)

i want my wi-fi future in linux

please any body help me sir.....................................................

Thanks Regards

Narendra

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board