Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Software Games Any good fps for linux out there?

Any good fps for linux out there?

Link to this post 13 Dec 09

Urban Terror wouldn't work for me. ( it wouldn't run ) so what good fps are good out there. Not quake. It doesn't run on my laptop. Too laggy.

Kyoungman wrote:

Urban Terror wouldn't work for me. ( it wouldn't run ) so what good fps are good out there. Not quake. It doesn't run on my laptop. Too laggy.

Are you sure that you are running the correct executable to run UrbanTerror on your system, it contains the following executables:
[ul][li]ioUrTded.exe - Windows executable to launch a server[/li][li]ioUrTded.i386 - 32-bit Linux executable to launch a server[/li][li]ioUrTded.x86_64 - 32-bit Linux executable to launch a server[/li][li]ioUrbanTerror.exe - Windows executable to launch the game as a client[/li][li]ioUrbanTerror.i386 - Linux 32-bit executable to launch the game as a client[/li][li]ioUrbanTerror.x86_64 - Linux 64-bit executable to launch the game as a client[/li][/ul]

If you are sure that you are running the correct executable then you can try to launch it from a terminal and post the output here so we can try to pin down the exact issue.

You can check www.linux-gamers.net for a list of pretty good games including FPS for Linux.

what your graphic card ?
do you have 3d diver installed ?

Open arena runs on p3 600 mhz , 16 bit graphic card. good amount of ram , 192 - 256

Link to this post 15 Dec 09

This is what i see. one of 2 screenshots.

heres the 1st one. i already posted the 2nd.

After looking at your output it does show that you are running the correct command, however the apps is erroring out because it can not find the shaders.

So I have two questions:
1. (drake's question) Do your have the proprietary drivers installed for your video card?
2. Were did you get the installation file from? (The lack of shaders in the binary files may be the result of a corrupt download or a modified installation)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board