Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Software Games Any good fps for linux out there?

Any good fps for linux out there?

Link to this post 17 Dec 09

1. I don't really know. I got this laptop 4 years ago as a gift.
2. I got the download from the urbanterror site. http://www.urbanterror.net/

Link to this post 17 Dec 09

Ok the site was good and I will assume that the file was not corrupted during download (that could still be an issue).

I will also assume that you are running Ubuntu since your screenshots look like gnome, the question at hand is the video driver you are using. Have you checked the System->Administration->Hardware drivers to see if it has a recommended one or one activated?

Can you please paste the output of the "lspci" command so I can see what video card you have?

Link to this post 24 Dec 09

well replying to your innitial question their are plenty of good fps out there Quake, Wolfenstein, etc.... but it sounds like your having spec issues so good luck.

Link to this post 09 Jul 10

EJFreed22 wrote:

well replying to your innitial question their are plenty of good fps out there Quake,[b] Wolfenstein[/b], etc.... but it sounds like your having spec issues so good luck.

Is that Wolfenstein 3D or something newer ?

Link to this post 07 Sep 10

I currently play Nexuiz but will switch to Xonotic as soon as it is unveiled (it's a fork of Nexuiz).

Link to this post 07 Sep 10

I play Urban Terror and Wolfenstein ET. Since the Wolf ET source code has been released I am now looking to checkout projects forking from that source code, so if you find any forks please share them here,

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board