Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Software Games Linux users not playing Flash games?

Linux users not playing Flash games?

Link to this post 09 Feb 11

thanks for the kind words guys, I'm really glad you like the website :)

I've also posted this story on Reddit, there are some interesting comments there.

Link to this post 10 Feb 11

Ops, I forgot to answer your question in my last reply... :P

vtel57 wrote:

P.S. Are you familiar with [url=http://www.pastelgames.com/index.html]Pastel Games? I've been known to waste a goodly amount of time there, also.

I never checked their website, but I played some of their Flash games and published the last one: Submachine 7: the Core on my portal ;)

Link to this post 10 Feb 11

Submachine is a trip! I've been playing that one since version 1. Also, try Daymare, I think it's called. FUN! :)

Link to this post 19 Feb 11

m3xican wrote:

To be honest I have no idea why this is happening, and as a portal owner and Linux user I'd like to improve this situation for what I can. So I thought to post on this forum and ask if you play Flash games and if not, why?

Why? Because the most popular distros do not come with flash preinstalled. This is usually for legal or ideological reasons, or both.

Link to this post 19 Feb 11

I do not play any flash games. I prefer my windows games, plays better. Not sure why the linux games are cheesy at best. Perhaps it is the language they is being used. Remember this is opensource. Opensource programs are not that powerful like, for say, C+ or c#.

Link to this post 20 Feb 11

saqman2060 wrote:

Not sure why the linux games are cheesy at best. Perhaps it is the language they is being used. Remember this is opensource. Opensource programs are not that powerful like, for say, C+ or c#.

Any scripted, runtime, interpreted, object-oriented language may be sexy now but is not going to age well. You may even wake up tommorow to some scary-looking code...

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board