Linux.com

Steam for Ubuntu

Link to this post 23 Sep 13

So I run Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, downloaded steam recently (it had some issues when it was new, at-least for me it did.

Not only does it work great but some great titles have been made to work natively with Linux(Ubuntu specifically).

Paradox has some good games, I bought one and it runs great (Crusader Kings 2 by Paradox). Left 4 Dead 2, Counter-Strike etc...

I highly recommend checking it out if you haven’t in a while.

Link to this post 24 Sep 13

I really like what Valve is doing with Steam. I'm really curious to see what this turns into.

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamOS/

Link to this post 24 Sep 13

I have been using steam on Slackware since the beta was released and my son it using it in Ubuntu. It has always performed well, which is why I have been waiting impatiently to hear the news.

The news that they will be releasing their own OS to manufacturers in a way like Android is done sounds very good, it will allow different hardware options and can be controlled very easily through their chosen package management system.

I really wish they would give a couple of normal users like myself a copy of the OS for full testing on home systems.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board