Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums New to Linux Getting Started with Linux best complete rolling release distribution

best complete rolling release distribution

Link to this post 27 Jun 09

I have read equo world can't be used to upgrade Sabayon 4 to 5 when version 5 will available at august 2009.
It is a waste of time to download the new iso file every 6 months (Ubuntu/Mint) or every year (Sabayon)

equo world can't be used to upgrade Sabayon 4 to 5 at august 2009, when version 5 is available.

Ale wrote:

I have read equo world can't be used to upgrade Sabayon 4 to 5 when version 5 will available at august 2009.
It is a waste of time to download the new iso file every 6 months (Ubuntu/Mint) or every year (Sabayon)

Here's from their blog:
http://planet.sabayonlinux.org/?p=535

Branch 5 will be starting in June and will contain the KDE 4.3 series. As far as I know, the branch 4 will be able to roll on to branch 5, you will just have to edit the repo config file when the time comes. More information will come out on that when it’s ready. So branch 4 will get to KDE 4.2.4 and than things will focus on branch 5.

I was told on IRC not to long ago that it would be one simple command to do this.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board