Linux.com

best easy and complete distro

Link to this post 27 May 09

linux is the very good operating system that provide the more security in comparison to other os. and it is open source..
i appreciate it...

thanks

to know the best lawyers click the link..
find lawyer

Link to this post 30 May 09

Honestly, and i am not just talking as a startingtogetexperiencedlinuxuser. But, i mean, trust me, codecs and the likes is so easy to install (start add/remove and search for flash and whatever you need). Really. At least on Ubuntu, which is the distro i always recommend to newbies.

If you, though, insist on having what you need, and stuff you probably do not need (which might also be included on ubuntu if you get picky), i vote for mint.

Anywho. Good luck with your journey on the dark side

Link to this post 31 May 09

I would say remaster ubuntu with remastersys and install all the codecs and modules you need. You do this once and you won't have to do it again for a year or two. If something gets hosed just dump your remastered install disk in the drive and fire away :)

(Of course really Im saying that there is no perfect out the box distro unless you want to create one yourself :P ) Other than that I would also throw my weight behind Mint.

Link to this post 27 Jun 09

I'd recommend mint it's basically like Ubuntu with preinstalled codecs and a nice gnome theme.

Link to this post 01 Jul 09

you can add packages to Ubuntu and make it a multimedia distro very easily, you have to instal some packages but it is easy. try this site:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu

Link to this post 01 Jul 09

Ive been falling in love with crunchbang out of the gate it has many codecs, a large list of apps, light weight due to using the openbow wm and its built from ubuntu so it has the repositories and stability to back it up.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board