Linux.com

forum doesnt work with IE9

Link to this post 28 Mar 12

I thought you might like to know this forum does not work with IE9. It is not possible to leave a message / start a new topic...

Anti-Microsoft comments are NOT welcome.

Link to this post 11 Apr 12

Does IE9 have some sort of IE8 or other compatibility setting/option? If not, can you install and run either Firefox or Chrome?

Link to this post 12 Apr 12

Linux.com forums seem to be running Ninjaboard (see the source). I found this link which seems to confirm the issue.

http://ninjaforge.com/component/ninjaboard/topic/24850-internet-explorer-9

Link to this post 13 Apr 12

Thanks for the replies.
Using alternatives to IE9, or changing the default settings, is not an option.

As all webdesigners know, sites simply have to work with what people have...

Good luck and godspeed.

Link to this post 16 Apr 12

"Anti-Microsoft comments are NOT welcome."
No one here, will do that. Do not WORRY .People here are Professionals.

"Using alternatives to IE9, or changing the default settings, is not an option.

As all webdesigners know, sites simply have to work with what people have... "

yes , no doubt in that. But, the point might be, the site has some small stability issue after some changes made due to security breach in kernel.org. So, just want to check whether site is up or not, you might be asked to use other browsers.

And, now to check with your issue, I am typing this message, and sent you one private message through IE9 in Windows-7.
And I dont have anything in my mind right now to start a forum topic. If I get one I will post through IE9 and will let you to know.

Have a very good day

Link to this post 17 Apr 12

If the ninjaforge developers have acknowledged the issue then it is being addressed. I have requested an update from the developer to see if he has an ETA for resolution of that issue.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board