Linux.com

Help Cent0S 6.2

Link to this post 29 Mar 12

So do I still need to make a new partition for CentOS, the one I made the other day I reverted back. So if I am guessing right I should make another partition for CentOS, which partition software do you use and recommend. The one I am using is Partition Wizard 7. So I am guessing to do another partition and start from scratch and go by what I saw by the links and the step by step process.

Use the partition editor that comes with Windows. It always worked for me when I wanted to shrink Windows partitions.

OK I will do that and let you know how everything goes.

Dale

Ok the install seemed to go find and made sure it was on the root of the Centos partition. I went back and used EasyBCD and went with grub(legacy) first, than grub 2 , lilo and rest of them on the list and when I tried to boot into them. I either got a grub> command line or a flashing -. So I am going to try to re install it again and all this was done on he / partition that I shrinked. Would it be better if I put it on the MBR or would that make it worse. I have read through all the links and am lost now on what to do next. I know it is probably something simple that I am not thinking of. So let me know what you think might be the problem this time.

Thanks

Dale

If you want an easy dual boot install the boot loader (grub) to the *MBR*. Otherwise, the Windows bootloader won't be able to load the "second" bootloader (grub) (ya know, Microsoft OS don't like playing along with other OSes).

If you want more interactive help you can always drop by the irc channel #linuxdotcom on irc.freenode.net

Centos uses legacy grub. I'm on the road so I can't explain more at the moment, talk to you later..

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board