Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums New to Linux Getting Started with Linux internet connection no longer working

internet connection no longer working

Link to this post 22 Apr 11

Please open the terminal from Applicaions->Terminal and input the commands that Pavol gave in his last post then tell us what happens.

One other thing, make sure under the wired connection, you check the box that says start network automatically. If that box is not checked it may be the reason for network manager not starting. Although as said in a previous post by Pavol:

sudo service network-manager restart

should start the networking.

doesn't sound stupid, I did check it & unplugged it and plugged it back in & it still doesn't work
thanks though

sorry, I'm a newbie ... how do I do this?

Link to this post 23 Apr 11

Just some additional procedures, unplug your switch and plug it back. Then check that your router is working properly, like receiving activities, this means it is connected to your ISP. If not, restart your router by powering it off and on. Once you've done that, apply the procedures in your terminal as stated by the previous posts.

Link to this post 23 Apr 11

To input the code, open your terminal from applications>accessories>terminal

Then in the terminal, type as follow

#sudo service network-manager restart

The system will ask for your password, and once given correctly, your ethernet device will be restarted.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board