Linux.com

Linux or ubuntu

Link to this post 27 May 13

Can I use Linux or Ubuntu to replace my windows operating system?

Link to this post 27 May 13

Linux works well.

Link to this post 29 May 13

Ubuntu is a Linux based Distro, it is commonly recommended to new user for the simple user interface. If you are thinking of another Linux based distro then you can list the name(s) here and we may help to point you in the right direction.

As for replacing windows you must keep in mind that the windows software including games will not work in a Linux based system, there are plenty of free alternatives, but windows software is made for different libraries so they will not work natively.

I want to replace my windows XP operating system with something else. I have put up with windows for as long as I can. If the Linux system works I would like to try it but I can’t find were to get it.

Wile I was clicking around I found a link to a new Linux operating system that just came out on May 17th. I tried to download it but was unable too. My frustration caused me to close all the open windows of course when I did I lost all the information about it. Can you send me a link to that information please?

Thank you

Ubuntu IS Linux...

What are the basic specs of your computer? How much RAM have you got?

"a new Linux operating system that just came out on May 17th" New Distro or new version of already release Distro? Don't be surprised if people can't help with this. Have you checked the History on your Browser?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board