Linux.com

Phishing attempt at Linux.com

Link to this post 19 May 09

All friend requests are send as text from linux.com, you don't have to worry about any bugs, that is unless they are masking their email server as linux.com.

Thanks for posting this, Frank. If it is an issue, others will pop in and post here, I'm sure.

On a probably unrelated note: The Linux.com server has BEEN SLOW AS MOLASSES this evening from the Tampa area. I bypassed my local DNS by using their IP (140.211.167.55) and it was still slow as hell. I wonder what's up with that.

Hey mfillpot, this is why I accidently double-posted on the Slackware Linux Users group earlier. I felt like I was on dial-up again. :(

Anywho... :side:

I'm not feeling the delay, have you ran trace route to determine the point of lag?

No. I didn't. It seems to be all better now, anyway. Probably just a local node that was slowing things up.

Hmm... a drop out at nero.net (node 25). This is Linux.com's nameserver at Oregon State U. *scratching head*

Link to this post 20 May 09

Brian is aware of this issue and has banned the account in question. He is also searching for anti spam solutions to prevent this from happening again.:)

Link to this post 20 May 09

COOL! So it wasn't just your imagination. I still wonder how they got your email addy? :(

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board