Linux.com

Using a virtual terminal

Link to this post 15 Oct 09

Hi.

When I’m using the virtual terminal I have some things which I want to change.

The font size is too small. How can I change it? Also, is any method to change a typeface? How can I achieve it?
The background color is also inappropriate for me. How can I change background and font colors?

Thanks in advance.

Link to this post 16 Oct 09

Which desktop environment are you using?

if you are using Gnome (with ubuntu or other user friendly distro) - > right click on the terminal, Profiles, Profile preferences. then just play around with the tabs. there you can change font size, font style, font colour, background and much more. if you have Compiz running then you make true transparency for the background.

Link to this post 17 Oct 09

Set_Killer

Thank you very much for you answer. I don't use any of the desktop environments. In my question I meant virtual terminals or virtual consoles (Ctrl + Alt + Fn) not a terminal emulator program. It is difficult for me to find any info or clear tutorial about how to set up a virtual terminal using native instruments i. e. without any third-party applications. If you have any information concern to my question please let me know.

My OS is Debian GNU/Linux 5.0.2.

Thanks.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board