Linux.com

Wanted: 64 bit Distro

Link to this post 29 Sep 12

I would like to use a 64 bit version of Linux that had a completely working version of winff, audacity, acidrip and streamtuner2. In the ubuntu version you can not record in streamtuner2. Acidrip and winff do not work and audacity does not have a menu bar.

Link to this post 19 Nov 12

Hey Doc,

First, I am not a Linux guru, I've just tried different Linux distros. So, this distro I would recommend may not work for you. I think it should, but it may not.

I think, from what you're describing, Mint might work for you. It comes with a truck load of codecs and apps in its DVD. (Some legal in the US, some not, be warned.) It also comes with audacity natively (From the DVD, I THINK) so it will PROBABLY do what you want it to. That, and to top it all off, it comes in 64 bit.

Hope this fixes your problem, and if not, please let me know. I'd be glad to help.

Link to this post 19 Nov 12

Mint uses the Ubuntu software and the ones I want don't work in it. To date I have installed and tweaked 237 distros, over the past 7 years. ArtistX has everything working, but it is only 32 bit.

Link to this post 20 Nov 12

Woah. Sorry Doctor. I guess I have nothing to help you with. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board