Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums New to Linux Getting Started with Linux What do you think of This Forum Software

What do you think of This Forum Software

Link to this post 14 May 09

Regarding the usability of the software on the forum, it seems pretty good so far, with only a half-dozen posts under my belt.

I did have one oddity where I quoted in parentheses, and it became an emoticon ("like this"). But the wysiwyg editor is pretty smooth and lightweight.

I am now a big fan of web apps with a lot of typing in fields that implement autosave, such as Wordpress now has. That would be a good feature to add, especially since we are logged in already.

How do I get the subscribe option unchecked by default when replying to a thread?

Yea...I don't like reading right to left....and the clutter is some of the worst forum clutter by design I have seen. It is really quite painful to try and use.

There is LOTS of room for stuff-but only 5-10 replies per page? RLY?

I know we use Linux, and we are used to doing things different way...but this is a ridiculous mess of a forum if I've ever seen one. Not one standard layout anywhere on it. I mean, per page, there is less content here than there is in 24 hours of CNN news coverage-that is how bad the clutter is.

malcarada wrote:

You could add a new thread on the distributions, called "Others" so nobody feels left out.

I second this.

Myeh... it's an unusual set up, but I think I could get used to it. Would be nice if the posting area was a wee bit wider, though. :)

newspaper.

skinny columns.
makes it easy to read lots o' text.

if i 'm posting looong questions / answers
i break it up into short, easy to read phrases
even if the sentence is long.

so, me, i have no problem with the posting area size.

ooo ooo what's that directly above me? could it be?
it is!
hello, eric! :lol:

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board