Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Software Installation Configure OpenVPN on Mandriva 2010.2? [SOLVED]

Configure OpenVPN on Mandriva 2010.2? [SOLVED]

Link to this post 19 Aug 11

Can someone please, please explain to me how to configure OpenVPN on Mandriva 2010.2?
I have received a static key and IP address from the company that provides the VPN service.

I have already installed OpenVPN on my server, so I "just" need help with the configuration.
Preferably a step-by-step guide. :blush:
I can give root-access if it feels right for me, so it can be fixed quicker. (Is a bit paranoid.) :unsure:

Thanks in advance...

Before you start thinking about granting access to your system, please review http://people.mandriva.com/~ybourhis/openvpn/index.html to see if the client instructions help you.

Guldstrand wrote:

Can someone please, [b][i]please[/i][/b] explain to me how to configure OpenVPN on Mandriva 2010.2?
I have received a static key and IP address from the company that provides the VPN service.

I have already installed OpenVPN on my server, so I "just" need help with the configuration.
[u]Preferably a step-by-step guide.[/u] :blush:
I can give root-access if it feels right for me, so it can be fixed quicker. (Is a bit paranoid.) :unsure:

[i]Thanks in advance...[/i]

Step by step instructions in a vpn configuration? That's gonna be difficult :S

The openvpn docs are pretty extensive, have a look at them and return back with accurate questions rather than a "do it for me"

And I don't intentend to be rude, just that it's how you should do things :)

Regards

I have managed to finaly fix OpenVPN on my server, thanks to a friend.

Link to this post 20 Aug 11

Guldstrand wrote:

I have managed to finaly fix OpenVPN on my server, thanks to a friend.

It's common practice on forums to write the solution to your problem once you've found it for others that might encounter the same problem in the future know how to solve it :)

Regards

Link to this post 20 Aug 11

marc wrote:

[b]Guldstrand wrote:[/b]
[quote]I have managed to finaly fix OpenVPN on my server, thanks to a friend.

It's common practice on forums to write the solution to your problem once you've found it for others that might encounter the same problem in the future know how to solve it :)

Regards[/quote]
I know that, but i don't know what my friend did to fix it. Sorry!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board