Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Software Installation Driver for Built-in webcam

Driver for Built-in webcam

Link to this post 04 May 10

hi! i want to ask what program can support the built-in webcam on EasyNote BU45 Series and easy to setup. im using Ubuntu 10.4 LTS. i hope you help me.. THANK YOU very much...

Link to this post 05 May 10

I do not know if you webcam is supported by out of the box, but if it is then you can use a program called cheese to activate the webcam to take pictures.

hi! Thank you for reply.. i try to install cheese but my built-in webcam is not fucntion and say no Device detected.. i hope anyone can help me about this.

In a terminal, give us the output of:

lsusb

we really need to know what type of webcam it is before we can help you.

Link to this post 06 May 10

ok thank you for reply.. this is the result on lsusb under terminal

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 174f:a821 Syntek Web Cam - Packard Bell BU45, PB Easynote MX66-208W

i Hope you help me.. THANK YOU..

Link to this post 07 May 10

Most of the posts I've found are a bit old, from 2 to 3 years back. The driver for that webcam is available at souceforge, link below:

http://syntekdriver.sourceforge.net/

Mepis is a Debian derivative, as is Ubuntu, and a post from 2007 tells how a Mepis user got the webcam working on an older Mepis install. I'll give you the link to the Mepis thread:

http://www.mepislovers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12459

My advice would be to see if Ubuntu has a recent version of the .deb used in the Mepis thread and see if you can install it using the instructions given in that thread. (Actually it's a single post).

If your adventurous, you can look at the documentation on the sourceforge site and see if that helps you also.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board