Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Software Installation Getting Open Shot Movie Editor installed

Getting Open Shot Movie Editor installed

Link to this post 09 May 12

Been trying really hard to get this working. I am having trouble installing gmerlin. here is the code.

i_v4l2.c: In function ‘read_frame_read’: i_v4l2.c:526:10: error: ‘v4l2_t’ has no member named ‘converter’ make[2]: *** [i_v4l2.lo] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory /home/(the username)/Desktop/gmerlin-all-in-one-20120404/gmerlin/gmerlin-1.0.1.pre1/plugins/v4l2' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/home/(the username)/Desktop/gmerlin-all-in-one-20120404/gmerlin/gmerlin-1.0.1.pre1/plugins' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I have been stuck installing gmerlin for a while now. It kept requiring things and i finally got everything but this nasty bugger. Any help is appreciated.

I am using Linux Mint 12 at the moment.

Thank you.

What step of the installation process where you in?

Did you make sure you have all the dependencies?

I had just entered the command sudo ./buildall.sh and the lines i posted above were the last lines id received. Id been running that command several times. Normally it would say "error get __________" so i would go and install _________ and rerun the command. It would than skip that step and continue on till it reached another dependency. When i received the terminal response

i_v4l2.c: In function ‘read_frame_read’: i_v4l2.c:526:10: error: ‘v4l2_t’ has no member named ‘converter’ make[2]: *** [i_v4l2.lo] Error 1 make[2]: Leaving directory /home/(the username)/Desktop/gmerlin-all-in-one-20120404/gmerlin/gmerlin-1.0.1.pre1/plugins/v4l2' make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 make[1]: Leaving directory/home/(the username)/Desktop/gmerlin-all-in-one-20120404/gmerlin/gmerlin-1.0.1.pre1/plugins' make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I tried to download and install v4l2_2 to no avail.

Link to this post 10 May 12

See here for more details: http://web.media.mit.edu/~stefan/isis/software/video-for-linux-2.html
and specially observer the two links that provided by this URL.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board