Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Software Installation Problem installing ubuntu server

Problem installing ubuntu server

Link to this post 15 Jan 12

i am on a wired connection straight to my virgin media super hub dhcp connection the internet works fine on the tower in vista so i have no reason to think its not working during the installation

...so i have no reason to think its not working during the installation...

Yes you do have reason to think it's not working: you cannot download the files neede!

First thing you should do is test the internet connection, the dns config in /etc/resolv.conf and these kind of things.

Regards,

PS: no offense but... why do you ask for help if you are not going to listen to suggestions?

I am quiet willing ro try any suggestions just another question though how can i test the connection when i can not finish the installation ?

You can test the connection by booting a live CD of the same distro and checking the network connection state or seeing if a webbrowser can connect to the internet.

Now one question seems to have been avoided, have you used a tools such as md5summer to check the md5sum of the ISO after it was downloaded and used the verify function in your cd burning software to confirm that the file was not corrupted when downloaded or written?

Link to this post 16 Jan 12

check sum is

881D188CB1CA5FB18E3D9132275DCEDA *ubuntu-11.10-server-i386.iso

Link to this post 16 Jan 12

Did the checksum match the official checksum from the server you used?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board