Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Programming and Development Kernel Development How to create a kb driver for my C Kernel?

How to create a kb driver for my C Kernel?

Link to this post 15 Sep 10

I was wondering if someone could tell/help me write a kb driver for my kernel? I know that there are tutorials out there (lots and lots of 'em), but I prefer being able to ask questions and getting walked through by a human, differently than a tutorial can (even if it's written by a human). Not to mention, i'm sure there's more I need to initialize before a keyboard driver(?)
Please don't remind me of the rules about posting something that's already been answered, or is in a tutorial (reasons explained above). Does the driver have to be a module?

Link to this post 17 Sep 10

okay, so maybe someone could suggest a tutorial?

I have no background in kernel development so there is little I can recommend. If you would like you can visit our sister site, the Linux Developer Network, at http://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/forums/linux-development-forum and ask them fro guidance.

it says i cannot post new forum topics/posts. Should I create a new account instead of using LDAP?

Link to this post 18 Sep 10

macaswell wrote:

it says i cannot post new forum topics/posts. Should I create a new account instead of using LDAP?

Probably... Also, you might want to look at the current Linux kb driver code. There are a ton of niddling little details you will need to look at in order to do it properly. There is the interrupt handler, I/O processing, transfer of data to user-space, and user-space interfaces to your kernel code.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board