Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Linux System Administration Linux Security Best Password safety?[RESOLVED VIA IRC CHAT]

Best Password safety?[RESOLVED VIA IRC CHAT]

Link to this post 27 Jun 11

It looks like you want more than key security. I would like to talk to you on the IRC forum tomorrow night so we can diagnose the issue once and for all. I have the same router, so that can help. But also we will need to know if you are using a tool for your firewall or just using an iptables script.

In addition I would recommend flashing your router with dd-wrt so the default linksys trash can be removed and you can have reliable filtering.

Link to this post 27 Jun 11

mfillpot wrote:

It looks like you want more than key security. I would like to talk to you on the IRC forum tomorrow night so we can diagnose the issue once and for all. I have the same router, so that can help. But also we will need to know if you are using a tool for your firewall or just using an iptables script.

In addition I would recommend flashing your router with dd-wrt so the default linksys trash can be removed and you can have reliable filtering.

I agree, solving this in forums might be a little difficult. If you feel up to it, we can gather at the #linuxdotcom channel on irc.linux-foundation.org.

My server is always connected, if I'm there just type my name and I'll get a notification :)

Regards

Link to this post 28 Jun 11

That would be great, what time frame should I connect to the server?

I guess Matt will answer with a time. I'm in the IRC channel 24/7, but rarely monitor it. Maybe I'll set up notifications with sound, I'd like to watch/contribute to the discussion also.

Rick, mark and tom,
Can we meet in #linuxdotcom on irc.linuxfoundation.org at 10 pm eastern time tonight?

Yes we can do that, Also I found the chat room. I'll be there at 9pm central (10pm est)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board