Linux.com

use meego

Link to this post 25 Dec 10

edmondas wrote:

@Goineasy9: Don't confuse people, currently all N900 uses Maemo.

@mfillpot: yes, you can download and install MeeGo on N900, but it still has different problems and is not very usable, it is more dedicated to early testers and developers.

@hoseini: It's not clear when it will be used by default in mobile phones, because currently there is no phone that is dedicated for that OS, only N900 which has no official support from Nokia. You can check what are MeeGo 1.2 release plans here http://wiki.meego.com/Release_Engineering/Plans/1.2
Looks like that first phone with MeeGo OS will be released only next year (probably in the beginning of summer).

Thank you for the update.

Are there any specific devices that the developers have been able to get meego to run stable on at this time?

Link to this post 28 Dec 10

mfillpot wrote:

Thank you for the update.

Are there any specific devices that the developers have been able to get meego to run stable on at this time?

At the moment I do not think that such a device exists, only N900 which is used only for testing purposes.

Probably MeeGo 1.2 release will include updated SGX driver which will improve performance of N900:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWtMLs3j09U

Most of us are waiting for the new Nokia phone, which will (?) be designed for MeeGo operating system.

Link to this post 28 Dec 10

What about the netbooks that they handed out at the meego conference a couple months ago, were those stable or just handed out as an alpha testing platform?

Link to this post 29 Dec 10

mfillpot wrote:

What about the netbooks that they handed out at the meego conference a couple months ago, were those stable or just handed out as an alpha testing platform?

MeeGo for netbooks is pretty stable for daily use. I have tested it on Asus EeePC 1005PX.

Link to this post 03 Aug 11

Bumps this thread!

I'm looking forward to the Nokia N9 mobile phone which will be running MeeGo. Also the Asus Eee PC X101 will run MeeGo by default. I really hope that MeeGo will take off now! Looks great!

Link to this post 04 Aug 11

Thanks for reminding me. One of the reasons I bought my Asus EEE was because of the ARM processor, so it could run Meego.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board