Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Hardware Multimedia [help] remastering ubuntu become ubuntu multimedia

[help] remastering ubuntu become ubuntu multimedia

Link to this post 06 Oct 10

Also, some KDE media apps can be installed also on ubuntu. You will have to download KDE libs, for KDE package compatiblity, go to ubuntu software center and search for KDE media apps.

Link to this post 06 Oct 10

My favorites are:

1. sound player - vlc, amarok
2. sound editor - audacity
3. sound converter - audio convert
4. video player - vlc
5. video editor - kdenlive
6. video converter - ffmpeg
7. drawing - inkscape
8. picture editor - gimp
9. animation - blender
10. 2D mode - N/A
11. 3D model - blender

Link to this post 07 Oct 10

thanx for the reply mr.Rubberman

it's sound like that but in my opinion users almost enjoy for using ubuntu than ubuntustudio in many cases, so i'd like to remaster ubuntu became ubuntu for multimedia :)

ovasagaf wrote:

thanx for the reply mr.Rubberman

it's sound like that but in my opinion users almost enjoy for using ubuntu than ubuntustudio in many cases, so i'd like to remaster ubuntu became ubuntu for multimedia :)

Now, will you be trying to develop a multimedia ubuntu based os, or will this just be setup from a pre-determined apt-get script?

thanx for the reply Istimsak

i agree with u, there are alot of media application in ubuntu software center n it's ease to get.

In my case, i cant choose applications according to myself, i need some people who even used multimedia on linux for the best selection and i know i can get it here :)

and for the KDE media, i will consider it although my base is gnome

Now, will you be trying to develop a multimedia ubuntu based os, or will this just be setup from a pre-determined apt-get script?

yes, I am trying to develop a multimedia ubuntu based os and for now the users are from my collage first :) .

it is alright, isn't it?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board