Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Hardware Multimedia Petition to get Netflix on Linux

Petition to get Netflix on Linux

Link to this post 04 Mar 10

Please sign the petition to show Netflix that Linux users are interested in using the steaming media feature on their Linux desktops.

http://www.petitiononline.com/Linflix/

I signed and I have a Netflix account. I don't use their online viewing feature much (last time was months ago) because it requires my rebooting into Windows.

The real issue is the number of companies, like NetFlix that seem to buy into the notion that DRM both thwarts those who would break the law in the first place, and not be a detriment to legitimate users of their products and services. Apple has a particularly bad track record when it comes to using DRM. I'm thinking the real solution, unfortunately, will be to start boycotting those companies.

Adam, I agree about the best solution. However I won't just stop using netflix because I don't agree with one of their optional services when their primary service is sufficient.

DRM is an evil that should be defeated but greed will push it to continue and it will only get worse with time until the consumers speak up, unfortunately most users don't even realize that they are trapped by DRM.

Link to this post 05 Mar 10

That and expand it to other countries like CANADA. I got an e-mail a few weeks ago from Netflix - so I went to sign-up
- US residents only. :unsure: I signed it.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board