Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Hardware Multimedia Video Converter for Ubuntu !!!

Video Converter for Ubuntu !!!

Link to this post 16 May 09

Also mencoder is a good choice if you don't mind using the cli. There are a lot of good examples of how to use it if you google "mencoder 3pg"

*Thom Brown* Arben is trying to encode to .3pg so he can view videos on his phone. Is h263 the correct codec for this video type?

Xipher_Zero wrote:

Arben is trying to encode to .3pg so he can view videos on his phone. Is h263 the correct codec for this video type?

I haven't got personal experience of encoding 3gp so I haven't tested it. I only found it on a quick search, but according to the Wikipedia page, it is one of the valid formats.

If that is a good codec for that the 3gp container great! I have a friend with an older phone who asked me to help get some video's encoded to play on it...... handbrake did the job, but it's always better to know the internals of the files you are dealing with!

Sorry i didnt read your messages! because i use to forum when i am in my office, Chris thanks for solving my problem i really appreciate it.

i love to convert through cli. but i will try all of your sugestions choose what fits to me. thanks, guys

B)

Link to this post 19 May 09

Your welcome!

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board