Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Hardware Networking Ralink RT3070 not responding

Ralink RT3070 not responding

Link to this post 23 Jul 10

Hi everybody: Newbie here with first question. I have been reading for the past 2 days trying to configure Ralink RT3070 USB\ wireless card with not much success. I am using SliTaz downloaded image in a Dell D610 Laptop after it crashed with WinXP a few days ago. The system recognizes the wireless using Hardware detection and drivers, but this is the info
retrieved:

Detected USB devices Kernel modules
=================================
802.11 n WLAN
sh: rt3070sta-firmware: unknown operand
! Missing module: rt2870sta
rt3070sta
sed: unmatched ' / '

Forgot to indicate that the Laptop has a PCI wireless card (Broadcom chip) that i assume is active.
Any help given on this matter will be deeply appreciated. Thanks

What command or commands yielded the output that you displayed?

Maybe the OP is trying to set up a plug-in USB wireless card before disabling the pci broadcom card. Maybe giving us the output of:

lspci | grep -i broad

and
lsusb | grep 802

might give us a better idea of what your working with.

Link to this post 25 Jul 10

Hi: Just went to System Tools, Hardware Detection and Drivers, entered root password and hit Discover PCI/USB Devices.

Thanks

Hi: at lspci | grep -i broad command I get ""02 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corp. Netxtreme BCM 5751 PCI Express
03: Network controlle: Broadcom corp. BCM4318 (airforce One) Wireless Lan Controller 54g

There is no doubt that I need to disable the PCI adapter. Tried to do it with some guidance on the web without success.
Thanks

Both my Dell laptops have physical on/off switches, your's is a bit old, but, if not a switch, maybe an enable/disable in bios? I'll see what I can come up with and post back.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board