Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Hardware Networking Ralink RT3070 not responding

Ralink RT3070 not responding

Link to this post 25 Jul 10

I don't see why you would need to disable an adapter, I'm not a SliTaz user, but you should be able to find an option to tell your system which adapter you want to use.

Link to this post 25 Jul 10

OK guys: Enabling or disabling is not an issue any longer...I removed the Broadcom card physically. Still unable to connect to the Ralink USB adapter. At lsusb command, no usb devices seen by the computer. Device is working on Windows platform with no problem. I will keep looking for the solution here. I am sure the gurus will put me in the right track. Thanks

Link to this post 26 Jul 10

linuxfever wrote:

OK guys: Enabling or disabling is not an issue any longer...I removed the Broadcom card physically. Still unable to connect to the Ralink USB adapter. At lsusb command, no usb devices seen by the computer. Device is working on Windows platform with no problem. I will keep looking for the solution here. I am sure the gurus will put me in the right track. Thanks

It seems really weird that lsusb does not display the adapter, the only time I have seen that is when the usb port is dead. But there is another thing you can try to get information, a second or so after plugging in the usb adapter run the dmesg command, that should display the device and other information that the kernel found about the new device.

Link to this post 04 Jan 11

Try with new drivers http://ubunturt2870.pbworks.com/w/page/8928776/FrontPage. Ubuntu default drivers dont work fine, but this new driver worked for me.

----------------------
linux ubuntu

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board