Linux.com

info about OS

Link to this post 22 Aug 12

Dear Team : i am Ruman and want to install Linux but which OS will be suitable for my HP G72 120 SD laptop , why i want to download ? cause i want an OS which has no bugs and errors and keep me safe with various viruses, i use to watch movies and play games emailing social media and browsing , that's it kindly help me with this

SYSTEM SPECS,
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz, 2133 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.37, 4/7/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
HDD 500 GB
Display : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5430,Display Memory:1775 MB,Dedicated Memory:504MB,
Shared Memory: 1271 MB

I CAN GIVE YOU DXDIAG IF YOU WANT TO

Link to this post 23 Aug 12

All software can have bugs, errors and viruses, however Linux based system tend to have less bug and errors and little risk from viruses. One thing that you may have issues converting to is the fact that windows based software such as games and applications cannot be installed on non-Windows operating systems, in addition the blue-ray library is currently not complete to the point where it can play all disks.

This information is not meant to scare you, but to give you realistic expectations.

Your hardware is newer and fulfills the requirements of all x86/32-bit and x86_64/64-bit Linux based operating systems. For a beginner We generally recommend Ubuntu, Fedora or Zorin. As a gamer, Ubuntu may be the best option since they are trying hard to get commercial software available and valve is working on a steam game client for Ubuntu.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board