Linux.com

Home Linux Community Forums Linux Distributions openSUSE How to connect internet in open suse??

How to connect internet in open suse??

Link to this post 15 Dec 09

This time i searched google fir this purpose and i tried those methods which i applied to ubuntu but i got no solution.:(
I use DSL connection with dynamic ip addresses.

Link to this post 15 Dec 09

Since you are using a DSL connection, how do you connect do the DSL router, do you use a wired or wireless connection on your computer?

Link to this post 16 Dec 09

I use a wired connection.

Link to this post 16 Dec 09

I will assume that you are using an ethernet cable to connect to your router. I have only seen one case in which an ethernet card was not auto configured in a Linux distribution. Can you please past the output of running "ifconfig" and then "lspci" in your terminal on that computer? If you have no network connectivity then you should be able to past those output files onto an USB drive or CD to be transferred to another computer and then paste them here

Link to this post 17 Dec 09

The terminal is not recognizing any of these two commands. It says unknown commands.:ohmy:

Link to this post 18 Dec 09

did you try to run them with the sudo command, "sudo lscpi" and "sudo ifconfig"?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board