• Last Logged In: 09 Nov 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • njorogewallace
    RE: Using my Hard disk
    Thanks to you all who replied to my thread. I re-installed Ubuntu Ultimate and this time partitioned manually. One partition as 'boot' the other as 'swap' and the remaining as 'root' denoted as / in the partitioning window. All is well now- I can store files in my hdd and create files and folders as I wish. My next problem is gaming. Can I install the games I had when I was on Windows?
    Link to this post 01 Feb 10

Thanks to you all who replied to my thread. I re-installed Ubuntu Ultimate and this time partitioned manually. One partition as 'boot' the other as 'swap' and the remaining as 'root' denoted as / in the partitioning window. All is well now- I can store files in my hdd and create files and folders as I wish. My next problem is gaming. Can I install the games I had when I was on Windows?

• njorogewallace
    RE: Using my Hard disk
    I try pasting folders into the disk but the system tells me it could not mount the volume. If I create a folder on the desktop, its always 3.3MB and can't be resized. Even the default folders ( Documents, Videos, Pictures etc.) are fixed at 3.3MB. And hey, I do really appreciate your concern and help. ( Wallace is a male name) Happy New Year!
    Link to this post 02 Jan 10

I try pasting folders into the disk but the system tells me it could not mount the volume. If I create a folder on the desktop, its always 3.3MB and can't be resized. Even the default folders ( Documents, Videos, Pictures etc.) are fixed at 3.3MB. And hey, I do really appreciate your concern and help. ( Wallace is a male name) Happy New Year!

• njorogewallace
    Using my Hard disk
    I installed Ubuntu Ultimate and I'm loving it but I just cant use the remaining 70GB of my HDD. And is there a way to increase the size of folders I create? Ubuntu fixes it to 3.3MB
    Link to this post 30 Dec 09

I installed Ubuntu Ultimate and I'm loving it but I just cant use the remaining 70GB of my HDD. And is there a way to increase the size of folders I create? Ubuntu fixes it to 3.3MB

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board