• Last Logged In: 29 Nov 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • EJFreed22
    RE: Favorite Slackware Links
    Can't forget Slackbook for just generic references http://www.slackbook.org/
    Link to this post 24 Dec 09

Can't forget Slackbook for just generic references

http://www.slackbook.org/

• EJFreed22
    RE: Any good fps for linux out there?
    well replying to your innitial question their are plenty of good fps out there Quake, Wolfenstein, etc.... but it sounds like your having spec issues so good luck.

well replying to your innitial question their are plenty of good fps out there Quake, Wolfenstein, etc.... but it sounds like your having spec issues so good luck.

• EJFreed22
    RE: Choosing a distro: Pros and Cons from real users
    Slackware +1 Very Flexible, Fast, and stable once you get a good knowledge of the file system.

Slackware +1

Very Flexible, Fast, and stable once you get a good knowledge of the file system.

• EJFreed22
    RE: Show Us Your Linux Desktop
    Slack [img size=800]http://www.linux.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/screenshot.jpg[/img]
    Link to this post 23 Dec 09

Slack

• EJFreed22
    RE: iTunes and Linux
    there are alternatives that work much better than itunes in my opinion gtkpod, amarok, banshee etc alot of the current linux media players support ipods. Personally I dispise itunes because its bloated I'd recommend at least trying another product and see what you think.

there are alternatives that work much better than itunes in my opinion gtkpod, amarok, banshee etc alot of the current linux media players support ipods. Personally I dispise itunes because its bloated I'd recommend at least trying another product and see what you think.

• EJFreed22
    RE: SWAP Partition
    Yes because your only running one OS at a time

Yes because your only running one OS at a time

• EJFreed22
    RE: new user cannot get sd card mounted
    I don't know if this helps you I use slack... but what I do at least with usb and other devices that i need mounted.. I follow these steps: 1)Connect device 2) open up console and type dmesg 3) look for something that seems familiar with my device in case of usb I look for like the company name I found in this case that (sdc: sdc1) this just said what the device name is 4)make a directory you want to mount it to, in this case i just use one in /mnt/zip 5) Issue command mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt/zip Thats what I do for like usb and other devices.... hopefully this helps, however i have never tried with an sd card before but perhaps using dmesg you can identify where its at.

I don't know if this helps you I use slack... but what I do at least with usb and other devices that i need mounted.. I follow these steps:
    1)Connect device
    2) open up console and type dmesg
    3) look for something that seems familiar with my device in case of usb I look for like the company name
    I found in this case that (sdc: sdc1) this just said what the device name is
    4)make a directory you want to mount it to, in this case i just use one in /mnt/zip
    5) Issue command mount /dev/sdc1 /mnt/zip

Thats what I do for like usb and other devices.... hopefully this helps, however i have never tried with an sd card before but perhaps using dmesg you can identify where its at.

• EJFreed22
    RE: Laptops and Linux
    When it comes to ease of use Ubuntu is close to the master.... but I have slackware dualbooted on my laptop and PC and I have never had an issue with it... it recognizes my windows partitions during installation and it mounts my windows partitionfor me within slack. But Ubuntu overall probably works better with your laptop I've only had to do slight configurations with slack.

When it comes to ease of use Ubuntu is close to the master.... but I have slackware dualbooted on my laptop and PC and I have never had an issue with it... it recognizes my windows partitions during installation and it mounts my windows partitionfor me within slack. But Ubuntu overall probably works better with your laptop I've only had to do slight configurations with slack.

• EJFreed22
    RE: Kubuntu and wireless
    I know with alot of distros broadcom chips require you to use ndiswrapper which can be a pain to beginning users... I would recommend trying wicd which i have had alot of success with hopefully that will do it for you if not you can read up about ndiswrapper cause that might be your only other option unless there is a package that you could get for it.
    Link to this post 10 Oct 09

I know with alot of distros broadcom chips require you to use ndiswrapper which can be a pain to beginning users... I would recommend trying wicd which i have had alot of success with hopefully that will do it for you if not you can read up about ndiswrapper cause that might be your only other option unless there is a package that you could get for it.

• EJFreed22
    RE: Choosing a distro: Pros and Cons from real users
    Slackware +1 Very Stable and dependable this distro has been around for quite a while and has worked out alot of the bugs. Very fast and customizable... you can get a very fast system with a very low footprint. However it takes a while to get use to alot of cli interface configurations but once you get the hang of it its really easy and well laid out. Also there is alot of good documentation and people within the community to help you out if you have issues.
    Link to this post 10 Oct 09

Slackware +1

Very Stable and dependable this distro has been around for quite a while and has worked out alot of the bugs. Very fast and customizable... you can get a very fast system with a very low footprint. However it takes a while to get use to alot of cli interface configurations but once you get the hang of it its really easy and well laid out. Also there is alot of good documentation and people within the community to help you out if you have issues.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board