• Last Logged In: 01 Oct 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • nico57
    Virtual desktops
    Hello dear linuxians ! (that's what "we"'re called, right ?) Anyway ... I'm a new linux user. My job requires me to start dealing with this OS :) I'm trying to see what I can do with a graphic environment (GNOME and KDE), and I have some questions about virtual desktops which remains really hard to understand. Is there any kind of virtual desktop in command-line mode or is it a pure graphic thing ? if the question above has a positive answer: How does that work? Do you have any guide or something? And is there any way to switch between graphic mode and command-line mode? I tried to ask google about that, and I didn't get any answer :( . Thanks in advance for your replies :) Nicolas. PS : Excuse my poor English, this is not my mother tongue: I'm French :blush:
    Link to this post 25 Sep 09

Hello dear linuxians ! (that's what "we"'re called, right ?)

Anyway ... I'm a new linux user. My job requires me to start dealing with this OS :) I'm trying to see what I can do with a graphic environment (GNOME and KDE), and I have some questions about virtual desktops which remains really hard to understand.

Is there any kind of virtual desktop in command-line mode or is it a pure graphic thing ?
    if the question above has a positive answer: How does that work? Do you have any guide or something? And is there any way to switch between graphic mode and command-line mode? I tried to ask google about that, and I didn't get any answer :( .

Thanks in advance for your replies :)
    Nicolas.

PS : Excuse my poor English, this is not my mother tongue: I'm French :blush:

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board