• Last Logged In: 13 Oct 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • tamilselvan.forum
    cannot execute binary file
    Hi, I am getting the error message "-bash: /bin/hostname: cannot execute binary file" while login to my server through SSH. Can anyone please help me to resolve this problem? I searched on the web, but not found useful solution. Also, i could not use the command like, 1. cat /var/log/messages --- its working 2. cat /var/log/messages|more --- it gives the error message bash: /bin/more: cannot execute binary file I am getting the error message whenever i run the command like, command | more, grep and rpm -qa Thanks Tamilselvan
    Link to this post 14 Oct 09

Hi,

I am getting the error message "-bash: /bin/hostname: cannot execute binary file" while login to my server through SSH. Can anyone please help me to resolve this problem? I searched on the web, but not found useful solution.

Also, i could not use the command like,
    1. cat /var/log/messages --- its working
    2. cat /var/log/messages|more --- it gives the error message bash: /bin/more: cannot execute binary file

I am getting the error message whenever i run the command like, command | more, grep and rpm -qa

Thanks
    Tamilselvan

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board