• Last Logged In: 16 May 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • wesser
    RE: Everywair (Sony VGN-Z51XG)
    I found out that the used chipset is a "Qualcomm Gobi". It's a little bit tricky to get the wwan-module work, because I have to backport the driver from the recent development kernel (2.6.32-rc6) and feed it with the proprietary firmware (taken from windows). Don't know, how it will work but I let you know... ;-)
    Link to this post 09 Nov 09

I found out that the used chipset is a "Qualcomm Gobi". It's a little bit tricky to get the wwan-module work, because I have to backport the driver from the recent development kernel (2.6.32-rc6) and feed it with the proprietary firmware (taken from windows). Don't know, how it will work but I let you know... ;-)

• wesser
    Everywair (Sony VGN-Z51XG)
    Hi there, I plan to buy a Sony Vaio VGN-Z51XG. Unfortunately none of my notebook dealers allows me to plug in a live-usb-stick to verify that the hardware is detected properly. Anyway, Sony has built in a 3G-module called "everywair". I couldn't find any informations on what chipset this module is based on :-( Does anybody know what's that for a network adapter and if linux will support it? Thanks! Regards, Holger
    Link to this post 07 Nov 09

Hi there,

I plan to buy a Sony Vaio VGN-Z51XG. Unfortunately none of my notebook dealers allows me to plug in a live-usb-stick to verify that the hardware is detected properly.

Anyway, Sony has built in a 3G-module called "everywair". I couldn't find any informations on what chipset this module is based on :-( Does anybody know what's that for a network adapter and if linux will support it?

Thanks!

Regards,
    Holger

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board