• Last Logged In: 16 May 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • dilbert
    Viewing DVDs
    I have been working on trying to get Ubuntu 9.10 to play DVDs on a portable Pioneer IDVD8PB DVD/CD Writer for the past two weeks with no luck. The device works great with Vector 6.0 Standard using Xine. I can the following error when attempting to play a DVD using Xine from the command line: libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access libdvdread: Can't stat /dev/dvd No such file or directory I thought my problem was a missing Symbolic link between the device and /dev/dvd, but after trying every possible combination, I don't think that's my problem. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    Link to this post 14 Feb 10

I have been working on trying to get Ubuntu 9.10 to play DVDs on a portable Pioneer IDVD8PB DVD/CD Writer for the past two weeks with no luck. The device works great with Vector 6.0 Standard using Xine.

I can the following error when attempting to play a DVD using Xine from the command line:

libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.10 for DVD access
    libdvdread: Can't stat /dev/dvd
    No such file or directory

I thought my problem was a missing Symbolic link between the device and /dev/dvd, but after trying every possible combination, I don't think that's my problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

• dilbert
    Syncing a Blackberry to Linux
    In trying to sync my Blackberry to Linux using Barry, I discovered that I'm missing a plug-in for the laptop side (evo2-sync). The plug-in needed for the device is installed (barry-sync). According to the OpenSync project website, the Evolution2 (evo2-sync) plug-in is still under development. The article "Syncing a Blackberry to Linux", where I got the syncing instructions, was written by Joe Barr. Is there another Evolution plug-in available?
    Link to this post 25 Oct 09

In trying to sync my Blackberry to Linux using Barry, I discovered that I'm missing a plug-in for the laptop side (evo2-sync). The plug-in needed for the device is installed (barry-sync). According to the OpenSync project website, the Evolution2 (evo2-sync) plug-in is still under development. The article "Syncing a Blackberry to Linux", where I got the syncing instructions, was written by Joe Barr. Is there another Evolution plug-in available?

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board