• Linux.com Member
  • Last Logged In: 23 Jan 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • gaurav.radioactive
    RE: How to connect internet in open suse??
    I use a wired connection.
    Link to this post 16 Dec 09

I use a wired connection.

• gaurav.radioactive
    How to connect internet in open suse??
    This time i searched google fir this purpose and i tried those methods which i applied to ubuntu but i got no solution.:( I use DSL connection with dynamic ip addresses.
    Link to this post 15 Dec 09

This time i searched google fir this purpose and i tried those methods which i applied to ubuntu but i got no solution.:(
    I use DSL connection with dynamic ip addresses.

• gaurav.radioactive
    RE: How to connect my Ubuntu to internet??
    Now i m facing some more problems with the networking in ubuntu. 1.using the command terminal i get connected to internet but even then the nm-applet in the panel for network connections is showing "NO CONNECTION" 2.by network gets automatically disconnected while working on the internet. I need to again use the terminal to disconnect and reconnect it.when i disconnect it using the "poff" command,it interrupts saying that more than one are running. so then i use "poff -a". i need help. thanks in advance :)
    Link to this post 29 Nov 09

Now i m facing some more problems with the networking in ubuntu.
    1.using the command terminal i get connected to internet but even then the nm-applet in the panel for network connections is showing "NO CONNECTION"
    2.by network gets automatically disconnected while working on the internet. I need to again use the terminal to disconnect and reconnect it.when i disconnect it using the "poff" command,it interrupts saying that more than one are running. so then i use "poff -a".
    i need help.
    thanks in advance
    :)

• gaurav.radioactive
    thank you :)
    Link to this post 23 Nov 09

thank you
    :)

• gaurav.radioactive
    What i mean to say is windows provides the facility to monitor the network status by allowing us too see the duration, speed and the most important thing - bytes sent and received. Is there any such thing in ubuntu??
    Link to this post 22 Nov 09

What i mean to say is windows provides the facility to monitor the network status by allowing us too see the duration, speed and the most important thing - bytes sent and received.
    Is there any such thing in ubuntu??

• gaurav.radioactive
    thanx everybody. now i am connected to internet.:) but now the problem facing is it is not showing any icon or such thing to indicate that connection is on. even the icon at the panel is showing > No connection. this time i did not found any satisfactory result by googeling.:(
    Link to this post 22 Nov 09

thanx everybody.
    now i am connected to internet.:)
    but now the problem facing is it is not showing any icon or such thing to indicate that connection is on.
    even the icon at the panel is showing > No connection.
    this time i did not found any satisfactory result by googeling.:(

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board