• Last Logged In: 15 Oct 13

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Marc Deop
    RE: Getting Open Shot Movie Editor installed
    What step of the installation process where you in? Did you make sure you have all the dependencies?
    Link to this post 09 May 12

What step of the installation process where you in?

Did you make sure you have all the dependencies?

• Marc Deop
    RE: crontab not working
    1- Do you have the cron daemon running? 2- Redirect the output of the commands to check if there's any problem while running it 3- You know that you need to set the ENV variables in the contrab? (ala PATH=/bin/ ...) 4- Why the "&&"?
    Link to this post 03 May 12

1- Do you have the cron daemon running?
    2- Redirect the output of the commands to check if there's any problem while running it
    3- You know that you need to set the ENV variables in the contrab? (ala PATH=/bin/ ...)
    4- Why the "&&"?

• Marc Deop
    RE: Problem with APT-GET
    You probably deleted something you shouldn't have :S Next time just delete the *.rpm files ;) I'm not an apt-get guy but you should probably look at rebuilding the database or something like that... Regards PS: did you run the command that you were suggested?
    Link to this post 01 May 12

You probably deleted something you shouldn't have :S

Next time just delete the *.rpm files ;)

I'm not an apt-get guy but you should probably look at rebuilding the database or something like that...

Regards

PS: did you run the command that you were suggested?

• Marc Deop
    RE: Best way to get started on Linux
    I'm not sure those programs will run fine under wine... :S (you'll have to check for yourself)
    Link to this post 01 May 12

I'm not sure those programs will run fine under wine... :S (you'll have to check for yourself)

• Marc Deop
    RE: Should I keep the same distribution or update to new one?
    I like having bleeding edge software (minimally stable that is) so I would go for an update. However, the decision still is up to you! ;) Regards
    Link to this post 27 Apr 12

I like having bleeding edge software (minimally stable that is) so I would go for an update.

However, the decision still is up to you! ;)

Regards

• Marc Deop
    RE: Firewall other than default
    Check things like AppArmor or SELinux as well :)
    Link to this post 27 Apr 12

Check things like AppArmor or SELinux as well :)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board