• Last Logged In: 27 Jan 10

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • jayvo86
    RE: Games You Play under wine ! ! !
    I've been playing Heros of the Might and Magic 5 almost flawlessly. There is a bug with the sound not loading sometimes and Heros thinking you don't have the original CD, but with a little tinkering it works fine. -Josh
    Link to this post 18 Jan 10

I've been playing Heros of the Might and Magic 5 almost flawlessly. There is a bug with the sound not loading sometimes and Heros thinking you don't have the original CD, but with a little tinkering it works fine.

-Josh

• jayvo86
    RE: The Great KDE vs. GNOME thread.
    I think KDE looks similar to Vista. I much prefer Gnome. I can get around very easy on it and it looks (to me) a little more stripped down techy.

I think KDE looks similar to Vista. I much prefer Gnome. I can get around very easy on it and it looks (to me) a little more stripped down techy.

• jayvo86
    RE: iTunes and Linux
    I use Rythmbox for my Ipod, however I've been having issues with my Ipod Touch. There is a lot of support, but I don't think Jailbreaking works for Touch's with frimware 3.1.2. (Which is what I have.) Anyone, find out anything new?? -Josh

I use Rythmbox for my Ipod, however I've been having issues with my Ipod Touch. There is a lot of support, but I don't think Jailbreaking works for Touch's with frimware 3.1.2. (Which is what I have.)

Anyone, find out anything new??

-Josh

• jayvo86
    RE: Linux User looking for Programming School
    Thanks I will check into those.
    Link to this post 27 Dec 09

Thanks I will check into those.

• jayvo86
    RE: Linux User looking for Programming School
    I've done a lot of research, but I can't really find any good reveiws specific to the chosen route I want to take. I think asking other people is a good thing. You've opened me to new ideas and gave me some things to think about. Thanks for your help!!
    Link to this post 26 Dec 09

I've done a lot of research, but I can't really find any good reveiws specific to the chosen route I want to take. I think asking other people is a good thing. You've opened me to new ideas and gave me some things to think about.

Thanks for your help!!

• jayvo86
    Linux User looking for Programming School
    I am a pro audio engineering for the Air Force. I am Fedora user and have been for a year. I am looking to get into more advanced programming and networking since my skills are limited in these areas. I have researched two schools the Air Force will pay. DeVry University Online University of Pheonix Online I must be able to take classes online. Cost is not an option as long as the school will adjust costs to meet the tuition assistance. Any ideas? Between the two schools, which one is best? Or am I way off and should go somewhere else? Thanks to all who help! -Josh
    Link to this post 24 Dec 09

I am a pro audio engineering for the Air Force. I am Fedora user and have been for a year. I am looking to get into more advanced programming and networking since my skills are limited in these areas. I have researched two schools the Air Force will pay.

DeVry University Online

University of Pheonix Online

I must be able to take classes online. Cost is not an option as long as the school will adjust costs to meet the tuition assistance.

Any ideas?

Between the two schools, which one is best?

Or am I way off and should go somewhere else?

Thanks to all who help!

-Josh

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board