• Last Logged In: 27 Dec 09

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • stevejoe
    RE: Touchscreens
    [b]sven.hakonsson wrote:[/b] [quote]Can anyone tell me about how compatible the various distributions are with touchscreen monitors? Is there any particular software or driver that will let me work with a touchscreen monitor? For example, if I were to get a Dell All-in-One PC with Touch-Screen capabilities, and install Linux on it, would I see any compatibility issues, and would there be a work-around?[/quote] I think that Ubuntu 9.04 will make you see more capatibility issues.
    Link to this post 28 Dec 09

sven.hakonsson wrote:

Can anyone tell me about how compatible the various distributions are with touchscreen monitors? Is there any particular software or driver that will let me work with a touchscreen monitor?

For example, if I were to get a Dell All-in-One PC with Touch-Screen capabilities, and install Linux on it, would I see any compatibility issues, and would there be a work-around?

I think that Ubuntu 9.04 will make you see more capatibility issues.

• stevejoe
    RE: Good OCR software.
    [b]inyonimakhaza wrote:[/b] [quote]Did you try GOCR? I don't know if it's good, but I once installed it for a colleague: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jocr/[/quote] I tried it before and i think it's good.

inyonimakhaza wrote:

Did you try GOCR? I don't know if it's good, but I once installed it for a colleague: http://sourceforge.net/projects/jocr/

I tried it before and i think it's good.

• stevejoe
    RE: Favorite Slackware Links
    Hi all, Thanks alot for the links mentioned above, i enjoyed them.

Hi all,

Thanks alot for the links mentioned above, i enjoyed them.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board