• Last Logged In: 4 days ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Cht 16.5 logical vol creation size
    [quote="NYCJacob"] [b]If the partition is greater than 16m how would you extend the group latter to use more/all of the partition[/b].[/quote] I am not sure I understand that last sentence. Could you give a little more details? A partition can be any size the system will support. I have create partitions smaller than that on Ubuntu systems. Such a size is not uncommon. If you plan to use a partition for storage then yeah, way too small. It really depends on the filesystem. They support different sizes large and small.
    Link to this post 18 Jan

NYCJacob said:

If the partition is greater than 16m how would you extend the group latter to use more/all of the partition.

I am not sure I understand that last sentence. Could you give a little more details? A partition can be any size the system will support. I have create partitions smaller than that on Ubuntu systems. Such a size is not uncommon. If you plan to use a partition for storage then yeah, way too small.

It really depends on the filesystem. They support different sizes large and small.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: 19.12: getsebool and setsebool: INFO box truncates text
    [quote="dkarr"]Firefox ESR 38.5.0.[/quote] Though I am not taking the exam at the moment, why not use a different browser like chrome, chromium, or opera? It seems you are having issues with Firefox ESR 38.5.0.
    Link to this post 18 Jan

dkarr said:

Firefox ESR 38.5.0.

Though I am not taking the exam at the moment, why not use a different browser like chrome, chromium, or opera? It seems you are having issues with Firefox ESR 38.5.0.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Pressing Enter on KC dialogs dismisses training window
    [quote="dkarr"]As someone who prefers to use the keyboard instead of the mouse as much as possible, I get used to when applications present a dialog with a single button (typically "ok"). This implies that pressing Enter will just dismiss the dialog. For instance, the dialogs presented when we answer KC questions. However, what I find in this course (probably not specific to the course) is that pressing Enter while on these dialogs dismisses the entire training window, instead of just the "ok" dialog. It would be great if this could be fixed.[/quote] What is KC and how do I find it?
    Link to this post 18 Jan

dkarr said:

As someone who prefers to use the keyboard instead of the mouse as much as possible, I get used to when applications present a dialog with a single button (typically "ok"). This implies that pressing Enter will just dismiss the dialog. For instance, the dialogs presented when we answer KC questions.

However, what I find in this course (probably not specific to the course) is that pressing Enter while on these dialogs dismisses the entire training window, instead of just the "ok" dialog. It would be great if this could be fixed.

What is KC and how do I find it?

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Outdated Compatibility Check?
    It says "minimum of a resolution of 1280x800". If you have higher, you should be fine. The reason I think is for to interact with the whole exam interface.
    Link to this post 18 Jan

It says "minimum of a resolution of 1280x800". If you have higher, you should be fine. The reason I think is for to interact with the whole exam interface.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: HORDE COMBAT-3D fighting fantasy game for Japanese learning on Linux
    Looks interesting. Graphics are fine. Though the animation for taking damage needs to be refined.
    Link to this post 18 Jan

Looks interesting. Graphics are fine. Though the animation for taking damage needs to be refined.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Greetings from Holland
    Welcome to the forum. I also have an unusual name here in the US. Helps me standout. I have started my Linux journey using Ubuntu 8.04, now using 14.04 and helping the community with testing serves. I do hope you feel at home on this forum and continue the adventure in Linux.
    Link to this post 12 Jan

Welcome to the forum. I also have an unusual name here in the US. Helps me standout. I have started my Linux journey using Ubuntu 8.04, now using 14.04 and helping the community with testing serves.

I do hope you feel at home on this forum and continue the adventure in Linux.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Linux Training / Board

/** BC-056 Ameex changes to add tracking code - 2016-01-22 **/ ?>