• Last Logged In: 6 days ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: create ISO image with Virtualbox
    [quote="begueradj"]Hello is there a way to create an ISO image of my virtual machine directly from Virtualbox on which it is installed ? Regards Begueradj[/quote] I have not seen any tools that will allow for the creation of ISOs of VMs from virtualbox. You can however move a vdi image onto a thumb drive and move it to another system running virtualbox. You can create disk images of the VMs using bit copying tools like "dd" or a GUI based disk imager. ISOs are normally CD images the boots a system for installation or administrative uses. Did not see an option to do this in virtualbox for linux.
    Link to this post 07 Jul

begueradj said:

Hello

is there a way to create an ISO image of my virtual machine directly from Virtualbox on which it is installed ?

Regards
    Begueradj

I have not seen any tools that will allow for the creation of ISOs of VMs from virtualbox. You can however move a vdi image onto a thumb drive and move it to another system running virtualbox. You can create disk images of the VMs using bit copying tools like "dd" or a GUI based disk imager. ISOs are normally CD images the boots a system for installation or administrative uses. Did not see an option to do this in virtualbox for linux.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: How i can Create a virtual machine without virtualbox
    [quote="rcrosa27"]Its possivle create a virtual machine without virtualbox? if someone can help me, it will be great! :D Best regards[/quote] Yes you can create a virtual machines without virtualbox. Virtualbox is just programs used to create virtual machines. There are others like qemu, kvm, Vmware and Citrix. First be very specific. How do you want to create virtual machines? How will you be accessing and managing them? Will they be stored and access remotely? Will they be created on your personal computer? What OS are you using? What systems will be running them? These are just a sample of the questions that must be answered first. Answer these questions and you will get back more information.
    Link to this post 07 Jul

rcrosa27 said:

Its possivle create a virtual machine without virtualbox?

if someone can help me, it will be great! :D

Best regards

Yes you can create a virtual machines without virtualbox. Virtualbox is just programs used to create virtual machines. There are others like qemu, kvm, Vmware and Citrix.

First be very specific.

How do you want to create virtual machines?
    How will you be accessing and managing them?
    Will they be stored and access remotely?
    Will they be created on your personal computer?
    What OS are you using?
    What systems will be running them?

These are just a sample of the questions that must be answered first. Answer these questions and you will get back more information.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Need a guide for setting up a public mirror.
    Why are you setting up a public mirror? Is it for use on your local site or do you want to provide packages on an intranet and not rely on the Internet for package download? I have never setup a mirror but it is something to consider when you don't have the luxury of an Internet mirror. I use debian based systems. There is a HowTo guide for setting up mirrors on the debian site. Have a look at this documentation to get an understanding on how to setup a mirror. [url=http://www.debian.org/mirror/ftpmirror.en.html]mirroring[/url]
    Link to this post 04 Jul

Why are you setting up a public mirror? Is it for use on your local site or do you want to provide packages on an intranet and not rely on the Internet for package download?

I have never setup a mirror but it is something to consider when you don't have the luxury of an Internet mirror. I use debian based systems.

There is a HowTo guide for setting up mirrors on the debian site. Have a look at this documentation to get an understanding on how to setup a mirror.

mirroring

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Greetings and Salutations...
    Greetings, and welcome to the linux foundation community forum. We are looking forward to answer any questions you have have about Network services management and Linux. CentOS is a spinoff of Red Hat and I know it is serving your library's functions well.
    Link to this post 04 Jul

Greetings, and welcome to the linux foundation community forum. We are looking forward to answer any questions you have have about Network services management and Linux. CentOS is a spinoff of Red Hat and I know it is serving your library's functions well.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: ASUS H97M-E mobo and i5 4690 Linux compatibility
    You can check the hardware compatibility list which will tell you what hardware has been known to work with Linux. The list is constanly updated with new hardware. It is better to test your version of linux on your chosen hardware and run a series of tests. Once everything is working, submit that information to linux HCL. [url=http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO/]Hardware Compatibility List (2007)[/url]
    Link to this post 04 Jul

You can check the hardware compatibility list which will tell you what hardware has been known to work with Linux. The list is constanly updated with new hardware. It is better to test your version of linux on your chosen hardware and run a series of tests. Once everything is working, submit that information to linux HCL.

Hardware Compatibility List (2007)

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Anti-Time and the probability
    I am not sure what you are asking but I think you want a better process to handle power. Hope I am close on assumption. I would communicate with some of the kernel developers and understand the process linux uses to manage power then look for alternatives to your suggestion.
    Link to this post 04 Jul

I am not sure what you are asking but I think you want a better process to handle power. Hope I am close on assumption. I would communicate with some of the kernel developers and understand the process linux uses to manage power then look for alternatives to your suggestion.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board