• Last Logged In: 24 hours ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: How To Install Software In Linux : An Introduction
    Have you thought about blogging for the community? Your informal knowledge can be easily found and read by other Linux enthusiast. Make sure the information is accurate in your posts and that nothing similar is already available. For instance, APT is also available in debian as well as other debian/Ubuntu based systems. You only mentioned it for Ubuntu bases distros.
    Link to this post 05 Jan

Have you thought about blogging for the community? Your informal knowledge can be easily found and read by other Linux enthusiast. Make sure the information is accurate in your posts and that nothing similar is already available.

For instance, APT is also available in debian as well as other debian/Ubuntu based systems. You only mentioned it for Ubuntu bases distros.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: How To Install/Upgrade To Linux Kernel 3.18.1 stable In Ubuntu/Linux Mint
    The other threads are used to answer questions. Unless you are answering a question someone posted in those threads, keep your posts in the "off topic" thread.
    Link to this post 05 Jan

The other threads are used to answer questions. Unless you are answering a question someone posted in those threads, keep your posts in the "off topic" thread.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: [Lubuntu] Monting automatically an network shared folder with fstab
    Is there an smb.conf file on the NAS server? Are the shares created using that file? I am guessing your NAS is using some variant of Linux as the OS.
    Link to this post 03 Jan

Is there an smb.conf file on the NAS server? Are the shares created using that file?

I am guessing your NAS is using some variant of Linux as the OS.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: How to install genymotion and run android apps (whatsapp) on Ubuntu 14.10/Linux Mint or others
    This forum is used for answering questions. It is not a news post. Please post in the "off topic" thread or create a blog.
    Link to this post 03 Jan

This forum is used for answering questions. It is not a news post. Please post in the "off topic" thread or create a blog.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: How To Install/Upgrade To Linux Kernel 3.18.1 stable In Ubuntu/Linux Mint
    This is good information but I am going to move this to the "off topic" thread as this is not a question relating to an issue but related to knowledge.
    Link to this post 03 Jan

This is good information but I am going to move this to the "off topic" thread as this is not a question relating to an issue but related to knowledge.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: I've decided to switch to Linux!! Which distribution should i choose?
    [quote="MohdSohail"]Most of us have problem when switching to Linux and the most confusing is to select which distribution to choose as a newbie. Well choosing distribution depends on the work you want to do. Every distribution is designed to perform all the tasks that you need to do but specifically all the distributions have some purposes. But as a newbie You will have problem finding which system will fit into your needs. So I'll suggest you to choose Linux Mint. Linux Mint is very good distribution to start. I did the same when switched to Linux and most of us do, I guess. And yeh! It's like Windows xp. To learn quickly, I suggest you to read Howto blogs, applications reviews updates and news for Linux. Start from here [url=www.linuxandubuntu.com]www.LinuxAndUbuntu.com[/url] [url=www.onlineubuntu.in]www.OnlineUbuntu.in[/url][/quote] Good response. Pick a linux system that is easy for you to learn and does the things that you want it to do. I like Debian and Mint.
    Link to this post 03 Jan

MohdSohail said:

Most of us have problem when switching to Linux and the most confusing is to select which distribution to choose as a newbie. Well choosing distribution depends on the work you want to do. Every distribution is designed to perform all the tasks that you need to do but specifically all the distributions have some purposes.

But as a newbie You will have problem finding which system will fit into your needs. So I'll suggest you to choose Linux Mint. Linux Mint is very good distribution to start. I did the same when switched to Linux and most of us do, I guess. And yeh! It's like Windows xp.

To learn quickly, I suggest you to read Howto blogs, applications reviews updates and news for Linux. Start from here www.LinuxAndUbuntu.com www.OnlineUbuntu.in

Good response.

Pick a linux system that is easy for you to learn and does the things that you want it to do.

I like Debian and Mint.

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board