• Last Logged In: 10 hours ago

Latest Posts

Posted by
Topic
Post Preview
Posted
  • Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Im a total noob...
    I just read on the wiki site [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi]Raspberry Pi[/url], that this board can use Debian, Arch Linux and Fedora for arm architects. I recommend using Debian.
    Link to this post 06 Jun 12

I just read on the wiki site Raspberry Pi, that this board can use Debian, Arch Linux and Fedora for arm architects. I recommend using Debian.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Show Your Computers
    This is a Media Center From HP. Never got to use all features it claimed it could do. Oh well, linux will take care of that. PC Model: RC647AA-ABA m7680n PC Vendor: HP Pavilion 061 Motherboard Model: Basswood-UL8E Motherboard Vendor: ASUSTek Computer INC. CPU: Intel Core 2 64bit, socket 775, 2.13GHz, can be overclocked to 3.8GHz MEM: 2 1GB DDR2 Synchronous 533 MHz GPU: G72 GeForce 7300 LE 3D accelerated enabled Communication: Ethernet 82562V 10/100 6 USB 2.0 2 firewire ports Audio: Intel 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller HDD: 2 250GB WD SATA DVD-ROM: DVDRRW GSA-H30L, SATA interface System is dual booted with Ubuntu 10.04.2 Lucid and Fedora 15 using Gnome 3

This is a Media Center From HP. Never got to use all features it claimed it could do. Oh well, linux will take care of that.

PC Model: RC647AA-ABA m7680n
    PC Vendor: HP Pavilion 061
    Motherboard Model: Basswood-UL8E
    Motherboard Vendor: ASUSTek Computer INC.
    CPU: Intel Core 2 64bit, socket 775, 2.13GHz, can be overclocked to 3.8GHz
    MEM: 2 1GB DDR2 Synchronous 533 MHz
    GPU: G72 GeForce 7300 LE 3D accelerated enabled
    Communication: Ethernet 82562V 10/100
    6 USB 2.0
    2 firewire ports
    Audio: Intel 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller
    HDD: 2 250GB WD SATA
    DVD-ROM: DVDRRW GSA-H30L, SATA interface
    System is dual booted with Ubuntu 10.04.2 Lucid and Fedora 15 using Gnome 3

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    @goingeasy Did not know you like to play with stocks.

@goingeasy

Did not know you like to play with stocks.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    RE: Virus riddled windoze machine
    If you laptop supports booting from a flash drive (doubt it since it since the laptop is 10 years old), burn lubuntu to a flash or better yet, burn it to a CD. Lubuntu is a very light Distro based on ubuntu but uses the LXDE desktop environment. One of my favorites. and run smoothly on a system with 1 gigabyte of RAM. From there perform the operations suggested from the above post.
    Link to this post 05 Jun 12

If you laptop supports booting from a flash drive (doubt it since it since the laptop is 10 years old), burn lubuntu to a flash or better yet, burn it to a CD. Lubuntu is a very light Distro based on ubuntu but uses the LXDE desktop environment. One of my favorites. and run smoothly on a system with 1 gigabyte of RAM. From there perform the operations suggested from the above post.

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    Wow Rubberman, you machine is better than mine. Can't compare to Intel CPUs :-)
    Link to this post 05 Jun 12

Wow Rubberman, you machine is better than mine. Can't compare to Intel CPUs :-)

• Istimsak Abdulbasir
    @goingeasy You got a monster there bro. Like the dual monitor setup :-)
    Link to this post 01 Jun 12

@goingeasy

You got a monster there bro. Like the dual monitor setup :-)

Who we are ?

The Linux Foundation is a non-profit consortium dedicated to the growth of Linux.

More About the foundation...

Frequent Questions

Join / Linux Training / Board